What is bulk sms api
in here we are going to explain about What is bulk sms api ?An API (Application Programming Interface) is a means by which the functions of a computer program (such as the BulkSMS service) can be made available to another computer program (such as the notification component of an online booking website). This is made possible by using a standard, which is made known to the programmers of both programs.
The term “API” is used both to refer to the documentation that explains to programmers exactly how requests and responses will be formed (the “API specification”) as well as the actual service offered using this API.
therefore BulkSMS offers a range of APIs to allow programmers to design software to interact and integrate with our service. however, In some cases, existing software with the necessary capability can simply be configured to use one of our APIs, without any custom coding needed.
Therefore Once the SMS API has been integrated into your software, you no longer have to manually log in to an application or platform to send SMS messages. Instead, these protocols allow for the process of sending SMS messages to become automated.
Here are some examples of what an SMS API integration can do:
- • Automate instant SMS notifications to be sent in the case of a system failure.
- • Create unique activation codes to be sent to clients via SMS.
- • Send automated SMS notifications when bookings are made.
- • Send automated appointment reminders via SMS.
At BulkSMS we offer a sophisticated SMS gateway platform for sending text messages to over 800 mobile networks. therefore Our most popular API is the HTTP to SMS API which is a RESTful API that uses simple query parameters via URLs.moreover, If you can put together a Web page with a form, backed by a scripting language (e.g. PHP), similarly if you already have what you need to send automated SMS messages. Click here to find out more about our SMS API solutions.
Types of Bulk SMSes
The two most common types of bulk SMSes are static and dynamic Bulk SMS APIs.
- Static bulk SMS: This is when you send the same content to a group of numbers. Typically, these are reminders, product launch updates, promotional messages etc. Static messages can be easily cached and remain the same every time it is delivered to the user.
- Dynamic bulk SMS: This is when you send a different message to each customer. These SMSes are personalised content that changes based on factors like customer’s location, time-zone, or their stage in purchase journey. Messages about current bank balance, order confirmations, delivery updates are examples of this.