what is voice sms
Voice SMS is an automated call that contains a recorded message. You can either record the message or utilise a text to speech converter. The message is played once the user picks the call.
Voice SMS is a recorded message that is sent through an automated call. You can just type a text message, which will be later converted to a voice SMS message by using a text to speech converter. You can also record the message yourself if you like. When your client picks up the call, the recorded message will play.
How Do They Help Business?
There are numerous benefits to using it, including but not limited to:
- Flexibility – It provides flexibility in the sense that people who don’t like to read can just listen to the recorded messages. Plus, busy people who are on the go may not always even have the time to pause whatever they are doing to read a text message from a business they have purchased from.
You can also schedule voice SMS messages in advance. This allows you to optimise your time and use it efficiently. You will not have to wait around for the right time to send out the messages to your contacts in real-time.
- Versatility – Organisations of various sizes and industries can use voice SMS. Thus, it is very versatile as you can use it for conveying various kinds of messages, including reminders, IVR, and even security purposes.
- Reminders or notifications: You can send voice SMS messages for sending reminders or notifications. For example, you can send them informing the customers that their deliveries have been shipped or when their deliveries have been completed.
They are also great for appointment reminders. Clients missing appointments is a hassle for both you and them. You will have to find time to fit in their appointment again, and so will they. Giving them an appointment reminder helps you avoid that.
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR): Interactive Voice Response (IVR) systems are incredibly important for customer support. IVRs are automated voice SMS messages that guide any customer who calls to the right department when they press certain numbers (For example: “Please press 3 to reach our technical support team.”)
You can also add a greeting at the beginning to make the callers feel more at ease and welcomed.
- Authentication for account login: Increasing security concerns when online means that the two-factor authentication system is becoming increasingly widespread. You can send one time passwords (OTP) through voice SMS to help enforce security measures when clients log in from a new device or forget their passwords.
- Add a Personal Touch – Sending a message using voice will feel much more personal to your clients, compared to what happens when you send them text messages.
If you have clients living around the glove, they become also beneficial, as they allows you to also customise your voice SMS message as per the language and cultural norms of a certain geographical area.
To the customers, it also feels more engaging as they can hear a human voice talking to them, compared to just reading texts on a device.
- Automated: Since voice SMS is automated, you don’t have to worry about putting in too much effort for little gain. It certainly takes much less effort compared to usual calls as you just send one general voice SMS message to everyone.
All you would have to do manually is craft the message you want to send to everyone. You don’t even have to record it yourself. You can simply type it.
- Speed of Delivery: The speed for sending voice SMS messages is usually very high, thus ensuring great efficiency.
Octopush’s average sending speed for voice SMS messages is more than 85,000 calls per hour. This means that you can reach over eighty-five thousand of your contacts through messages in one hour. That just shows how truly efficient sending voice SMS is.
Additionally, Octopush also has a 100% delivery rate for voice SMS messages. This means you can rest assured that all the clients and prospects you want to send voice SMS to will receive the message, no matter what.
- Increased productivity– Voice SMS messages help increase your organisation’s overall productivity.
A single employee cannot talk to multiple people at once on voice calls, but a professional SMS sending platform like Octopush can send voice SMS messages to a great number of people at once.
Similarly, no matter how fast and efficient an employee is, he or she cannot call more than eighty-five thousand people in an hour and deliver the message manually. Voice SMS messages sent through platforms like Octopush, on the other hand, can definitely do that.
With this kind of messages, you don’t have to actually converse with someone and spend time waiting for them to reply. You don’t have to worry about getting a good signal, whether the client is in a noisy environment or not, and more such technical issues.
Thus, you and your employees can focus your attention elsewhere. By using Voice SMS, you can help ensure efficient utilisation of resources.
- Uniformity: Uniformity is often a concern when conducting large mobile marketing campaigns. Because such campaigns necessitate talking to multiple people, consistency is often lost as different conversations flow differently.
However, since this kind of messages are automated and pre-recorded, they deliver the same, uniform message to all the recipients. The first message, the 50th message, and the last message all say the same thing.